|   Login

Ministry Discussions

7 Sayings of Christ Good Friday Service
Last Post 20 Apr 2014 09:51 AM by Morris Hunter. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
On the EaglesWing

--
18 Apr 2014 03:37 PM
    http://bit.ly/1ixDHvw

We'll be ministering in Word & Music 

This Good Friday Evening! 

The seven sayings of the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross: 

1. Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
    2. Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise.
    3. John 19:26–27: Woman, behold your son. Behold your mother.
    4. Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
    5. John 19:28: I thirst.
    6. John 19:29-30: It is finished.
    7. Luke 23:46: Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.

On the EaglesWing

--
    20 Apr 2014 09:51 AM

The seven sayings of the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross: 

Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
    Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise.
    John 19:26–27: Woman, behold your son. Behold your mother.
    Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
    John 19:28: I thirst.
    John 19:29-30: It is finished.
    Luke 23:46: Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? 

45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
      45 Now from noon until three, darkness came over all the land.
    46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
      46 At about three o'clock Jesus shouted with a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
    47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard [that], said, This [man] calleth for Elias.
      47 When some of the bystanders heard it, they said, "This man is calling for Elijah."
    48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled [it] with vinegar, and put [it] on a reed, and gave him to drink.
      48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge, filled it with sour wine, put it on a stick, and gave it to him to drink.
    49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
      49 But the rest said, "Leave him alone! Let's see if Elijah will come to save him."
    50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
      50 Then Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and gave up his spirit.
    51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
      51 Just then the temple curtain was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks were split apart.
    52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
      52 And tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had died were raised.
    53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
      53 (They came out of the tombs after his resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.)
    54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
      54 Now when the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and what took place, they were extremely terrified and said, "Truly this one was God's Son!"

Psa 45:6    Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
    Psa 45:7    Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    Psa 45:8    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

Heb 1:7    And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
    Heb 1:8    But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness isthe sceptre of thy kingdom.
    Heb 1:9    Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    Heb 1:10    And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    Heb 1:11    They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
    Heb 1:12    And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
    Heb 1:13    But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

-------------
    Mar 15:33    At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.
    Mar 15:34    And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?"(which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
    Mar 15:35    When some of those standing near heard this, they said, "Listen, he's calling Elijah."
    Mar 15:36    Someone ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down," he said.
    Mar 15:37    With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.
    Mar 15:38    The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Psa 22:1    To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
    Psa 22:2    O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
    Psa 22:3    But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
    @@@@@@@@@@
    Phillipiians 2:
    Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:5-11 KJV)
    @@@@@@@@@@@
    You are not authorized to post a reply.